Sunday, May 11, 2008

Who we are- Grayson


I grew up on an island off of South Carolina named Daufuskie. When I was a child my parents made the decision to expose me to different religions so that I could decide where I felt most comfortable. Christ has always been a part of my life but it wasn't until I was in college that I began to trully seek a relationship with him. My sophomore year in college I decided to become Catholic. After a year of classes on Catholicism, I was baptimized and confirmed that Easter. As I grew older I began to grow further away from the church. I still wanted God in my life but I was lost as how to go about that. In 2006, after much encouragement from friends, I attended Buckhead Church for the first time. It was an incredible experience! I then started Starting Point and began to understand and develop a personal relationship with Christ. This year I became involved with Waumba Land, and have loved every minute of it. I never thought I would go on a mission trip but one day it just struck me and I felt called to do it. Each day I work to become closer and closer to Christ. I am so excited about our trip and I love our group!

No comments: