Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thank You God and thank you!


Well.. we made it back to the ATL. But I think we all might of left a bit of hearts in Merida. We all had a great time and I know I feel closer to God, and I think we accomplished our mission.. to connect spiritually and relationally with Shalom Church through prayer and Fellowship. We all will have Shalom in our prayers forever..


We all discussed how difficult it is to verbal express much we enjoyed this mission and how we all feel truly connected to Shalom, Merida and the Yucatan. I hope these stories and pictures in this blog can give you all a little flavor for how we all felt God this past week.. but know that in person it was 100 times more beautiful and alive.


And I just want to give thanks to Gabby for all of his hard work. Thanks for driving us and showing us your beautiful city. God work wonders in you! We cannot give you enough thanks.


Thanks to Genny for driving and showing us Merida.. and helping us with our spanish.. you make us all want to learn more spanish.


And thank you Christy! It was wonderful to meet you, and you are going to have a wonderful summer working with the groups at Shalom.. I can truly see God working in you. You are going to be a presence at Georgia this fall!


Thanks for you leadership Leslie. Your hard work and sense of humor made this trip wonderful. We could of not had a better leader!


Thanks for your protective eyes Alan.. I know it made me more relaxed knowing that you were there!


Thanks you for all your translating Laura. It was a lot of work for you.. but it was really great and to have some one so skilled in Spanish on our team.


Greyson.. Thank you for your interpretive dances and your humor. Every time I hear some songs on my Ipod I will go into the Mayan Shuffle, the Oxxo slip, and Painting jig amongst others.


Jennifer.. thank you for you knowledge of being on other missions. I loved see Gods love work thru you.


And thanks to me for keeping the blog up!


If you read this blog.. please remember to pray for Shalom Church and Merida and the Yucatan. We meet some wonderful people this week and I have their prayers in my heart at all times.. Merida is a truly beautiful city and Shalom church is filled with people passionate for God and his Word. I feel truly blessed for being on this team.. and having the pleasure of seeing and learning all I did about God and the people of the Yucatan.

No comments: